Sunday, January 22, 2012

Schoolism: Character Design lesson 1

Hi all, I decided to sort of chronicle my work here as I toil through the Schoolism classes! Right now Im taking Character Design with Stephen Silver! It's truly amazing, I highly recommend it. Stephen is probably the foremost master of character design. His help and knowledge are just incredible.

Anyways, here is my lesson 1 assignment. In this lesson, we were instructed to draw a character based on a simple description. This is who Mr. Silver could assess our skill level, and how best to work with us. This fellow's name is Walter Chipwitther, age 65, a joyous English entrepreneur who wears a smoking jacket. :)



I got 3 out of 5 stars on this assignment. I learned from the critique that I need to work on legs, and letting my shapes 'breathe' more. I tend to crunch and cramp stuff, and I have some gaps in my anatomy knowledge. Overall feedback was good though, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment